Every four years, we partner with the International Society for Paediatric Surgical Oncology (IPSO) to bring you the APSA-IPSO Symposium, where you will learn about the latest trends and advances in pediatric surgical oncology. The Symposium will take place May 13-14, 2020, and is a separate registration from the APSA 2020 Annual Meeting. Both are part of the online and paper registrations.
Registration is now available! Take advantage of early bird discounts through March 23, 2020.
Note: IPSO members receive the APSA member price for the APSA 2020 Annual Meeting.
APSA-IPSO Symposium Schedule
Schedule is subject to change, and more details are coming soon.
Wednesday, May 13
|8:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
||Welcome: APSA President and IPSO President
Joseph P. Vacanti, MD; Prof. Joerg Fuchs, MD
|8:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
||Scientific Session I: Operative Adjuncts that Improve Cancer Surgery and Reproductive Preservation
IPSO Abstract Presentations
|10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
|10:30 a.m. – Noon
||Seminar Topic I: Care Challenges Facing Low- and Middle- Income Countries
- Educating Residents in LMICs
- WHO Childhood Cancer Committee Efforts
- Regional Cancer Challenges
|Noon – 1:30 p.m.
||Lunch (on your own)
|1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
||Seminar Topic II: Technical Aspects of Rhabdomyosarcoma Surgery
- International Data About Abdominal RMS and HIPEC
- Brachytherapy of Bladder Prostate RMS
- The Role of INSTRuCT and the Establishment of Common Surgical Guidelines in RMS
|2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
||Seminar Topic III: Emerging Technology in Pediatric Cancer Care for the Surgeon
- Use of ICG for Lung Metastases in Hepatoblastoma and Sarcoma
- Tumor Localization Techniques
- Augmented Reality, 3D Printing and How to Set Up in Your Operating Room
|3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
|4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
||Scientific Session II: Tumor Staging, Sentinel Nodes and PDX Tumor Models
IPSO Abstract Presentations
|5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
|6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 14
|8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
|APSA-IPSO Joint Session
Surgeons on the Couch: Wilms Tumor Challenges; Neuroblastoma; Renal
- Abstract Presentations
- Experts on the Couch - Renal Tumors Panel: Jennifer Aldrink, MD, Peter Ehrlich, MD, Simone Abib, MD, Marc Wijnen, MD
- Experts on the Couth - Neuroblastoma Panel: Michael LaQuaglia, MD, Erika Newman, MD, Chan-Hon Chui, MD, Joerg Fuchs, MD
About the International Society of Paediatric Surgical Oncology (IPSO)
The International Society of Paediatric Surgical Oncology (IPSO) is an international society of surgeons who specialize in the surgical care of children with cancer. It is a truly global organization, with expanding membership from around the world, representing 50 different countries. Membership is open to all surgeons who have a demonstrable commitment to pediatric surgical oncology. Learn more.