Manuscript submission closed March 15, 2019.
Eligible abstracts include those presented in the Plenary Scientific, Scientific Break-out and Quick Shots sessions. Posters and videos are not eligible. Manuscript submission is optional, except those abstracts identified as candidates for the Quality, Value and Safety in Surgery Award. Abstract presentation is not a guarantee acceptance.
In mid-February presenting authors received an email with a link and unique login to the APSA platform and speaker portal, including manuscript submission.
Manuscripts selected for publication will appear in the January 2020 edition of the Journal of Pediatric Surgery. In addition, high-scoring manuscripts will be eligible for Visual Abstract Display during the 2019 annual meeting.
- The manuscript is submitted as two MS Word files: title page is one, separate file; text and tables/graphics/pictures are combined in the second file.
- Submissions that do not adhere to the instructions will not be considered for publication.
- The submission is required to be original work and not published previously.
- Files must be in MS Word format and may not exceed 3MB.
- Manuscripts must be double-spaced and are limited to 12 pages, including illustrations. Page limit does not include title, legend and reference pages.
- Title Page:
- Authors' first and last names
- Institutions represented
- Name, mailing address, telephone and e-mail address of the corresponding author
- Author contributions in one or more of the following categories (ghost-writing is not acceptable and contributors who do not meet the following criteria should be listed in the acknowledgement):
- study conception and design
- critical revision of manuscript
- drafting of manuscript
- analysis and interpretation of data
- acquisition of data
- Annotations of changes that should be included in the final manuscript that contain identifying information regarding the authors or the institution.
- Manuscript information should be displayed in the following order:
- Level of Evidence (for clinical studies, see above)
- Type of study
- Abstract – 200 words: Background/purpose, Methods, Results and Conclusions
- Keywords – up to 6 (index words no longer used)
- Body of manuscript
- Legend sheet for figures. Figures are labeled according to the legend sheet.
- Tables and figures
- Tables and figures should be cited in order with their position marked in the margin of the manuscript.
- References must be double-spaced, numbered and compiled according to citation order in the text, in the Journal of Pediatric Surgery/Vancouver format.
- For clinical research studies, authors are encouraged to follow the JPS Clinical Research Guidelines (see link above).
Did Your Remember to Review and De-identify your Manuscript? In addition to submitting your title page as a separate file to ensure a blind review process, we encourage you to review your manuscript thoroughly and remove any mention of the institution or identifying information regarding the institution or the authors. This includes mention of prior publications by your group. If this is essential to the final paper, it can be added in with the final revision. Please annotate this information on the title page with the initial submission.
Questions? Contact APSA Staff