A regular member must be licensed to practice medicine in the United States or Canada.
All regular members must be certified in pediatric surgery by the American Board of Surgery or by the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada.
A regular member must have completed his/her training in an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-approved position or equivalent Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (RCSC)-approved program.
An applicant must have a practice devoted predominately to pediatric surgery, except as may be required by emergency care or special circumstance.
An applicant may not be elected to membership until he or she has practiced pediatric surgery for one year after completion of the required surgical training.
- ExPERT – APSA’s online CME Program
- Pediatric Surgery NaT – APSA’s online resource to keep the current general surgical care of children at your fingertips
- APSA Annual Meeting registration
- Journal of Pediatric Surgery subscription
Resources & News
Collaboration & Networking
- Access to APSA member directory
- Collaboration with the pediatric surgery community
- Pediatric surgery-specific news
- Committee Service on one of APSA's many committees
Annual member dues are $525. All Regular members are required to carry an annual subscription to the Journal of Pediatric Surgery at the special rate of $150 for print/digital or $130 for digital.
Membership applications are completed online. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
To apply for Regular Membership, you must complete an application and case log form.
Click here to view application requirements
Click here to start an application
Download the Case Log Form (Excel format - 29 KB)
Questions? Contact APSA staff.