Join a Committee
Committee Appointment Process
The 2020-2021 call for committee service will open in June. Check this page for updates.
All applicants will be notified of appointment status by the end of September 2020.
Early June – a call is sent to APSA members for committee service. Responses are due June 30, or as published.
July-August determinations are made.
September – notices are sent regarding committee assignments.
Who should submit a request:
- If you are not currently serving or have never served on an APSA committee
- If you would like to serve on another committee in addition to your current appointment
- If your current term ends 8/31/2020 and you would like to serve on a different committee
Who should NOT submit a request:
- If you are currently serving on a committee, your term doesn't expire in 2020, and you do not wish to make any changes.
- Your current term ends in 2020 and you wish to extend your service on the same committee. Contact your chair by June 20 to request an extension.
Who is eligible to serve on APSA committees?
All members in good standing: Regular, International, Associate, Candidate, Resident and Senior members.
Appointment Terms and Notification of Appointment
- Most appointments are for a 2-year term for chair and vice chair, 3-year term for members. Some exceptions apply.
- Resident members are appointed for 2-year terms.
- All applicants are notified of appointment status by September 1.
See a complete list of APSA Committees and Subcommittees
Questions? Contact APSA staff.