Join a Committee
Committee Appointment Process
Applications for committee service were accepted through June 30, 2020.
Next application cycle will begin in June 2021.
Who is eligible to serve on APSA committees?
All members in good standing: Regular, International, Associate, Candidate, Resident and Senior members.
Who should submit a request:
- If you are not currently serving or have never served on an APSA committee
- If you would like to serve on another committee in addition to your current appointment
- If your current term ends in 2020 and you would like to serve on a different committee
Who should NOT submit a request:
- If you are currently serving on a committee, your term does NOT expire in 2020, and you do not wish to make any changes.
- Your current term ends in 2020 and you wish to extend your service on the same committee. Contact your chair directly by June 30 to request an extension.
Appointment Terms and Notification of Appointment
- Most appointments are for 3-year terms for members, 2-year terms for chairs and vice chairs. Some exceptions apply.
- Resident members are appointed for 2-year terms.
See a complete list of APSA Committees and Subcommittees. Click on committee name to review the mission.