APSA Committees carry out a number of different critical functions for the association. To learn more about a specific committee, click on the name below. APSA members who are logged onto the site will also see committee chair contact information.
Learn how to serve on an APSA committee.
Simulation Subcommittee (Education Cmt)
A subcommittee of the Education committee.
The APSA Simulation Subcommittee's mission is to provide APSA members with domain specific simulation-based educational tools that address cognitive, technical, and/or nontechnical educational gaps.
We envision a future of continuing medical education that is personalized to an individual surgeon's educational needs, providing the platform for safer, more efficient, and more effective surgical care of infants and children.
- Expand the dialogue of simulation-based education beyond graduate medical education - to include continuing medical education
- Develop resource guides for simulation-based education
- Provide faculty development opportunities in simulation-based education
- Create an online repository of simulation-based curricula
- Develop content and manage delivery of simulation-based educational programs offered at the annual meeting
- Promote research in simulation-based education for pediatric surgeons
- Promote research in assessment methodology for technical and nontechnical skills
to view email addresses for all committee members.
Diana L. Diesen - Chair
Dallas Children's Hopsital